A Guide to Spring Break in Jackson Hole
While Jackson Hole is known for its powder skiing, it is also a great place to enjoy Spring Break! The extreme cold days (where the highs only reach between 0-5 F) are over. Below are some of our favorite Jackson Hole spring activities ranging from spring skiing, live music and more!
Jackson Hole Spring Skiing
The snow is soft and the skies are blue…Jackson Hole spring skiing is right for you! Check out the list below for some ideas on fun spring skiing events.
- Steep and Deep Camp – Jackson Hole Mountain Resort hosts guests who are interested in learning how to ski the more extreme terrain in Jackson Hole. This world class mountain offers over 2,500 acres of some of the best skiing around.
- Rail Jam Contest – The Snow King Mountain Resort in downtown gives athletes a space to show off their skills. Rail Jam contests judge skiers and riders on style, trick selection, and difficulty. This event is great for all ages to watch during their Jackson Hole Spring Break.
- Skiing with the Stars – A long list of professional skiers and snowboarders both young and old will be available for the public to cruise the slopes with. This event is also a fundraiser for the Coombs Foundation, which helps underprivileged kids get a chance to ski every weekend.
- Blizzard Lady Shred Ski and Snowboard Camp – This is a women’s only camp filled with valuable information about gear, techniques, tactics, and strategies that help to conquer spring skiing at Jackson Hole and elsewhere.
- Dick’s Ditch Banked Slalom – Dick’s Ditch is a famous ravine at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort where riders test their speed and ability in the ravine walls. Grab a chair lift up to the event to watch these ‘need for speed’ athletes compete!
Jackson Hole Activities
Nothing pairs better with spring skiing than enjoying live music on the slopes! Here are some of our favorite live music events in Jackson Hole.
- Saturdays in March: Music Under the Tram – Who doesn’t love free live music? Every year Jackson Hole Mountain Resort hosts various bands at the ski slopes located right under the famous tram. After getting your turns in head to the tram station to enjoy some world class apres.
- Million Dollar Cowboy Bar: No date needed for this must-see of Jackson Hole! The Million Dollar Cowboy Bar is a historic music venue in Jackson, hosting live performances multiple nights a week. Located right on the town square, the Cowboy Bar is walking distance from lodging, dining, and shopping, making it the perfect Jackson Hole activity.
- Teton Split Fest Silent Disco – Located at Hand Fired Pizza in downtown Jackson, this silent disco sees DJ’s from Los Angeles, Teton Valley, Idaho and Jackson. Performers will be battling it out all night, while ticket proceeds go towards Bridger Teton Avalanche Center.
- Rendezvous Spring Festival – This is possibly one of the largest and most popular music events in Jackson Hole. Top name artists play two nights of tunes including the first night on the town square and the second night at the base of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Artists this year include Ryan Bingham, Ellie King, The Revivalist and more.
Fly Fishing Film Tour
Every year, The Center for the Arts hosts the Fly Fishing Film Tour. This night includes multiple short films about fishing adventures, conservation, and more. Don’t forget to stick around for the possibility of a free guided trip and fishing gear offered in the raffle. Proceeds go to multiple conservation agencies.
Although our Snake River float trips aren’t available until May, we are offering spring Jackson Hole fly fishing trips. This is a great Jackson Hole activity for those who have their fill on spring skiing! Connect us for different spring fishing options.